Today, Amy and I had the opportunity to conduct a conference call with our agency and the birth mom who has expressed interest in us. We spoke for about 30 minutes and I believe that the meeting went well.
We did learn a few new things that will help us in this process, should God match us with this birth mom.
1. The due date, based on her last ultrasound, is March 1st
2. She wants us to be at the hospital to receive the baby right away
3. She is willing to send us pictures of the ultrasound
4. She usually gives birth close to her due date (this is her 5th)
5. She wants to let us know soon if she chooses us
So we covet your prayers as we continue down this adoption experience! God has been very god to us and we give Him the praise for His wonderful works. Please pray specifically for these:
1. Pray for the proper match- if not with this birth mom, with someone God has for us
2. For our physical exam
3. For our home study
4. For the preparation of the baby room
5. For journey mercies as we travel to Arkansas as we pick up our baby
Keep it posted! It seems as if the Lord is blessing in bundles…